Opportunity for OSU Students!
2012-13 Student Alumni Association Board of Directors Positions and Scholarship Awards
The OSU Student Alumni Association (OSUSAA) is searching for talented, motivated and connected students to serve on the 2012-2013 Board of Directors. The Student Alumni Association (SAA), a branch of the OSU Alumni Association, is an organization dedicated to preserving campus traditions and connecting students with alumni. Students on the Board of Directors are responsible for event planning, marketing, and recruitment for the student membership program. Students are given the opportunity to learn how to run and manage an organization, gaining valuable experiences and skills.
The SAA Board of Directors will be selected based on Beaver spirit, involvement at Oregon State University, and leadership potential – both in and outside of the classroom – and will be awarded a scholarship during the tenure of their service. All students must be enrolled full-time with a 3.0 GPA at the time of application and throughout the terms of service. Accommodations regarding enrollment status will be made for students with disabilities.
As part of the appointment, each council director will receive a scholarship award for the 2012-2013 academic year distributed in equal allotments over the course of three (3) terms.
The SAA Board of Directors description includes an expectation of 3-5 hours per week time commitment to the program. Members of the SAA Board of Directors will:
In order to be considered, you must be available for the following commitments:
- Accept a specific role in managing the SAA student membership program, which is available to the entire student body (benefits of the membership program include: access to campus traditions such as the Homecoming Bonfire and Senior Send Off, career and social networking opportunities, a membership card with local and national discounts, and free SAA logo items)
- Serve as an event lead/committee chair to delegate responsibilities and involve members in the planning process
- Participate in a leadership retreat/training session each term of the academic year
- Coordinate and implement the Senior Send-Off Celebration for the 2013 OSU Grads in June, 2013
- Volunteer at START sessions during the 2012 summer to help promote the student membership program (if available)
- Communicate with other Board members throughout the summer to plan for the upcoming year
- Attend meetings weekly throughout the 2012-2013 academic year (see specifics below)
- Help create and implement OSU traditions such as Homecoming Week events
- Attend meetings with the advisor every other week throughout the 20012-2013 academic year
- Participate in 2-3 committees on the Board of Directors including Alumni Networking, Business Partnerships, Publicity, Membership, Senior Send Off, and Homecoming
- Participate as a volunteer at alumni programs
To apply, please submit:
- Connect Week events September 17th- 21th, 2012
- Attendance at weekly Board of Directors meetings during the 2012-2013 academic year, beginning the week of September 15th, 2012
- Spring Board Retreat April 28th, 2012
- A typed application [you may fill out this online form]
- An unofficial transcript
- A list of two references. Please include name, position, email and phone for all references (connections to OSU are recommended)
- A list of at least 5 times you are available for a 30 minute interview Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm
Submit the application materials to the OSU Alumni Association (204 CH2M HILL Alumni Center, Corvallis). We will accept applications until all positions are filled.
Selected applicants will be requested to participate in a 30 minute interview between April 23rd and 27th. Please include a list of at least 5 times you would be available for a meeting Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm.
Please direct any questions and concerns to:
Student Alumni Association, Program Advisor
Phone: (541) 737-9678